Do you want to learn how to clean sofa upholstery at home with the best and easiest method? You landed on the right page; here we have shared points on how to clean your sofa-furnishing using the everyday ingredients.
No matter how much care you take to keep your shoes away from the carpets and prevent spills, most upholstery and carpets will start to look tired over time. In fact, the barefooted human traffic is also enough to dirty up carpets and dull sofas and leave them looking and smelling like anything.
Learn how to clean sofa upholstery at home with this quick method. Using these tips will make your sofa, carpet, and upholstered chairs look better than ever in no time at all.
Bicarbonate of Soda: An Ideal Ingredient to Clean Your Upholstery!
Yes, you heard it right, bicarbonate of soda is the secret ingredient that will get your soft furnishing looking and smelling great again.
It not only neutralizes smells but also a sensationally powerful, natural cleaner. Now, let’s see how bicarbonate of soda how beneficial for upholstery cleaning.
Bicarbonate of Soda Neutralizes Fabric odors: This is natural ingredients that react with the foul-smelling acidic scents. Not like the fresheners and fabrics spray, bicarbonate of soda absorbs stinky smells in your sofa and carpet, rather than just masking them.
Bicarbonate of Soda is Abrasive: Another thing that makes bicarbonate so effective is its abrasive qualities. It is gentle, yet slightly gritty, which shed stains, helping to lift dirt and debris – ideal for getting deep down into your upholstery.
Steps on How to Clean Sofa Upholstery at Home
Whether you’re cleaning a sofa, carpet, or upholstered chair, the method is the same. All you need is your pot of bicarbonate of soda and a vacuum cleaner.
It’s best to do this on a traffic-free day, as the bicarbonate of soda will need some time to do its magic.
- Eliminate stubborn stains marks using diluted dish soap and a sponge. Make sure you do not rub the stain, as this could make stains worse. Use a paper towel to blot dry.
- In case the stains remain, try a specific shop-bought cleaner. Industry experts suggest using Vanish Carpet Cleaner for eliminating the toughest, trodden-in carpet stains and Scotchgard Fabric and Upholstery Cleaner for soft-furnishings.
- Vacuum the upholstery using the brush attachment.
- Sprinkle bicarbonate of soda onto the fabric.
- Leave the couch for at least 30 minutes.
- Vacuum over once more, just make sure that there is no bicarbonate of soda remains behind.
Related Article: How to Clean Upholstery in 15 Minutes or Less
This is an amazing trick when you are looking ways on how to clean sofa upholstery at home. Try this method and restore your sofa to its pristine condition. If you have any query or looking for upholstery cleaning in Huntington or nearby areas, get in touch with us today!